Pages

10 Most Romantic Movie Quotes Of All Time


It’s the powerful and compelling line that makes men cringe and makes women swoon and blush.

When Noah told Allie that he still had feelings for her in the film the “Notebook” amidst the pouring rain, it set millions of hearts a-flutter and catapulted the couple to superstar status.

You can call these romantic lines cheesy, you can call them cringe worthy or you can even call them downright corny, but let’s face it, these lines stick in your mind and your heart because they define the moment.

Whether you are in the throes of a blossoming new-found romance or you’ve been in a relationship for quite some time now, and as much as you might cringe at the word “love,” you have to admit that these lines can make you sigh even for a little bit.

So in the interest in making men cringe and women swoon, I now present to you our top 10 most romantic movie quotes of all time:

10. “Loretta, I love you. Not like they told you love is, and I didn’t know this either, love don’t make things nice–it ruins everything. It breaks your heart. It makes things a mess. We aren’t here to make things perfect. The snowflakes are perfect. The stars are perfect. Not us. Not us! We are here to ruin ourselves and to break our hearts and love the wrong people and die…Now I want you to come upstairs with me and get in my bed!” – Ronny Cammareri (Nicolas Cage), Moonstruck


9. “If there’s any kind of magic in this world, it must be in the attempt of understanding someone, sharing something. I know, it’s almost impossible to succeed, but…who cares, really? The answer must be in the attempt.” - Celine (Julie Delpy), Before Sunrise


8. “I love that you get cold when it’s 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle in your nose when you’re looking at me like I’m nuts. I love that after I spend day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it’s not because I’m lonely, and it’s not because it’s New Year’s Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” - Harry Burns (Billy Crystal), When Harry Met Sally


7. “You make me wanna be a better man.” - Melvin Udall (Jack Nicholson), As Good as it Gets


6. “Yes… it wasn’t over, it still isn’t over.” - Noah Calhoun (Ryan Gosling), The Notebook


5. “If you love someone, you say it, say it right then and there, out loud, otherwise the moment just passes you by.” - Michael O'Neal (Dermot Mulroney), My best friend’s wedding


4. “Love does not end when we don’t see each other.” - Sara Miles (Julianne Moore), The End of the Affair


3. “I love you. You… complete me.” - Jerry Maguire (Tom Cruise), Jerry Maguire


2. “I guarantee that we’ll have tough times. And I guarantee that at some point, one or both of us will want to get out. But I also guarantee that if I don’t ask you to be mine, I’ll regret it for the rest of my life. Because I know in my heart you are the only one for me.” - Maggie Carpenter (Julia Roberts), Runaway Bride


1. Alyssa: “Why are we stopping?”

Holden: “Because I can’t take this.”

Alyssa: “Can’t take what?”

Holden: “I love you.”

Alyssa: “You love me?”

Holden: “I love you. And not in a friendly way, although I think we’re great friends. And not in a misplaced affection, puppy-dog way, although I’m sure that’s what you’ll call it. And it’s not because you’re unattainable. I love you. Very simple, very truly. You’re the epitome of every attribute and quality I’ve ever looked for in another person. I know you think of me as just a friend, and that crossing that line is the farthest thing from an option you’d ever consider. But I had to say it. I can’t take it anymore. I can’t stand next to you without wanting to hold you. I can’t look into your eyes without feeling that longing you only read about in trashy romance novels. I can’t talk to you without wanting to express my love for everything you are. I know this will probably queer our friendship-no pun intended-but I had to say it, because I’ve never felt this before, and I like who I am because of it. And if bringing it to light means we can’t hang out anymore, then that hurts me. But I couldn’t allow another day to go by without getting it out there, regardless of the outcome, which by the look on your face is to be the inevitable shoot-down. And I’ll accept that. But I know some part of you is hesitating for a moment, and if there is a moment of hesitation, that means you feel something, too. All I ask is that you not dismiss that-at least for 10 seconds-and try to dwell in it. Alyssa, there isn’t another soul on this f–king planet who’s ever made me half the person I am when I’m with you, and I would risk this friendship for the chance to take it to the next plateau. Because it’s there between you and me. You can’t deny that. And even if we never speak again after tonight, please know that I’m forever changed because of who you are and what you’ve meant to me, which-while I do appreciate it-I’d never need a painting of birds bought at a diner to remind me of.” - Holden McNeil (Ben Affleck), Chasing Amy


Awww … now who want a tissue?

Source: http://daily.starcentralmagazine.com/lifestyle/sentimental/2009/06/13/the-top-10-most-romantic-movie-quotes-of-all-time/
Share it:
facebook-------twitter